Chickpea & Lentil Dhal
Making Dhal in a pressure cooker has never been easier. What’s more, the pressurised steam locks in more vitamins & minerals for a much healthier meal.
This delicious dhal is full of healthy & nutritious ingredients such as lentils & chickpea, which are rich in minerals, protein & fibre.
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
3cm fresh grated ginger
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
150g dried red lentils
Salt and pepper
1. Set Kitchen Angel to sauté.
2. Heat the coconut oil, add the onion & sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the seasoning & stir well.
4. Add the drained chickpeas & lentils.
5. Pour in the coconut milk.
6. Hit Standby button to stop the sauté function, seal the lid. Then set to cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. It will take about 4 minutes for the pressure to build, then the timer will begin.
7. Once the timer has stopped, wait for a minute. Then, vent to release the pressure completely. Open the lid, taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
8. Serve with rice.