Quick Pressure Cooker Asparagus & Mushroom Risotto
Cooking Risotto can be time consuming & you have to keep an eye on it all the time.
But making this dish in our pressure cooker takes only few minutes.
1 tbsp of butter or preferred oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 celery sticks, sliced
300g mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch asparagus, sliced
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1l of vegetable broth
Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
3-4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
1. Set the pressure cooker to Sauté function.
2. Heat the butter, add the onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the garlic & sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add celery sticks, mushrooms, asparagus & rice. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour in the broth, salt, and pepper, mix it all & then seal the lid. Turn the steam release handle to the Sealing position.
5. Set to cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes. It will take about 4 minutes for the pressure to build, then the timer will begin.
6. Once the timer has stopped, carefully vent to release the pressure completely.
7. Carefully open the lid once the pressure is released.
8. The risotto will look soupy when you first remove the lid. It will thicken up after few stirs. Add the peas, remaining butter & parmesan. Taste & adjust the seasoning as desired.
9. Serve immediately with fresh-cut parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh cracked pepper.